Southern Colorado Velo was founded in 2010 as an inclusive bicycling club and race team. Their members include riders of all ages, ability levels and cycling disciplines. They are a giving team where experienced riders share their passion and experience. They develop camaraderie through racing, riding and training. SoCO Velo supports a developmental cycling team, and casual cycling club, participates in local trail work, educates cyclists about skills and fitness, instructs bicycle maintenance clinics and hosts local youth bike safety rodeos.
On March 1st at 6pm, 2013 Bicycle Village is hosting the SoCO Velo Kick-Off Meeting and Membership Drive. Go meet the team and others interested in joining one of the largest cycling clubs in southern Colorado! There will be a Fit Kit to check-out and try on their new SoCO Velo Pactimo custom line of cycling gear. You will be able to sign up, discuss their 2013 member benefits package, get questions answered, talk about the 2013 cycling season and submit your application for the 2013 SoCO Velo sponsored race team!
Who Should Go?
- Interested cyclists and current SoCO Velo club and race team members.
- Cyclists of any size, shape, age or ability who enjoy riding a bike.
- Competitive cyclists and those who wish to compete as a sponsored cyclist in local races
- Cyclists who want to improve riding techniques and training.
- Cyclists who are looking for a group of people to ride with.
Club Members Get:
- Access and invitations to social group rides and information on local events and races.
- Focused group training rides for cycling skills and fitness.
- Southern Colorado custom cycling gear at wholesale pricing.
- Bicycle Village Premium Partner discount card.
- Incredible discounts from SoCO Velo’s Sponsors– Trek Bicycles, Bell, Giro, Easton, Smith Sunglasses, Pactimo Clothing, Continental Tires and more!
- Learn about new trails and areas to ride.
Race Team Members Get:
- All Club Member benefits plus a race fees reimbursement incentive package.