Yesterday was the first of 2 cyclocross races that Pikes Peak Velo is putting on this fall. The next one is on November 18th. It seemed like we had good turn out although I haven’t seen the number of racers.
I got to Bear Creek Park at 7 AM to help get the course set up. We had the course set up in an hour which gave us an hour before the first race. The course had some different section than we’ve used in the past and it seemed like people liked it.
The morning started out cool and foggy but by afternoon it was sunny and hot. It was also dry so we had dust instead of mud like last year.
The plan was for me to roam around the course during the races but I spent most of my time doing traffic control. We had a section of road down to one lane since we were using it as part of the course. There are 2 pavilions along that section of road and the plan was for them to not be used during the race. Somehow 2 large groups got them reserved and so we had a lot more traffic than we expected. Although it made extra work for us, I think things ran pretty smoothly.
- 2006 Pikes Peak Velo Supercross pictures
- September 2007 Pikes Peak Velo SuperCross photos
- November 2007 Pikes Peak Velo SuperCross photos
- September 2008 Pikes Peak Velo SuperCross photos
- November 2008 Pikes Peak Velo SuperCross photos
- September 2009 Pikes Peak Velo SuperCross photos
- November 2009 Pikes Peak Velo SuperCross photos